The Paragon is a feature shared with our companion site, Teleccentric.
Certain films are marked with a number enclosed in parentheses in the title of the review. These films are included in the Paragon, a collection of films that our critics found to be particularly memorable or compelling. Films within the Paragon are not necessarily the ‘best’ or ‘most cinematic’ films released; however, they have made an undeniable impression on our critics that we deem worthy of mention. Films included within the Paragon do not receive a star rating as a result.
In the spirit of supporting the films our critics find particularly impactful, we conduct giveaways of films included within the Paragon on our facebook page.
Film and television included within the Paragon:
- Blind directed by Eskil Vogt
- Tu dors Nicole directed by Stéphane Lafleur
- The Lobster directed by Yorgos Lanthimos
- Knight of Cups directed by Terrence Malick
- Mommy directed by Xavier Dolan
- Louder Than Bombs directed by Joachim Trier
- The Club directed by Pablo Larraín
- Equals directed by Drake Doremus
- Songs My Brothers Taught Me directed by Chloé Zhao
- Don’t Think Twice directed by Mike Birbiglia
- Dekalog directed by Krzysztof Kieślowski
- Nocturnal Animals directed by Tom Ford
- Raw directed by Julia Ducournau